Another year, another amazing beer fest in Galveston! That’s right, Labor Day is just around the corner and that means that BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival is upon us. It’s time to purchase your tickets and make your reservations!
You don’t want to miss out — this is consistently voted one of the best beer festivals in the country…
- USA Today 2016: Voted #5 Best Beer Fest in USA
- USA Today 2017: Voted #3 Best Beer Fest in USA
- Houstonia Magazine: Best Beer Fest in Houston
- Thrillist: Top 10 Best Beer Fest in USA
I don’t know about you, but that sounds like a festival I want to attend!
Some people will travel from all over the country, but we are lucky enough that this festival takes place in our backyard. Again, be sure to get your tickets before they are gone! Since we do not endorse or condone drinking and driving, you might want to consider staying at Moody Gardens.
You will find a complete list of events here and you can purchase your tickets here. Get your tickets now because they will sell out!
When: Labor Day weekend, August 30 – September 1, 2019
Where: Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX (Moody Gardens Hotel & Convention Center, One Hope Boulevard, Galveston 77554)
What: Much more than a beer festival. Once again, BrewMasters benefits Second Chance Network Inc, a 100% volunteer-based charity building orphanages, homes, and schools in India. To read more about this charity, click here. BrewMasters also focuses on education surrounding the craft beer industry; come hear a wide range of experts on the Beer University Stage, including a return of the very popular Women in Craft Beer panel where the women of craft beer talk about the growth of women in the industry. Meet James Simpson and Chad Pilbeam, hosts of What’s on Tap Radio …and many more!
Oh, yeah …and the rules! The events on Friday and Saturday are 21+ only. No infants, strollers, small children, backpacks …and especially no small children in backpacks. (It’s not funny.)
Festival events include the following:
Nach-yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting (Friday) – Nachos and Tequila? Yes, please! Come try a wide range of high quality tequilas and plenty of nachos for all! Check out the list of tequilas at the event link.
BrewHaHa VIP Lounge (Saturday) – VIP — now that is the way to go! The VIP Lounge will give up to 200 lucky individuals access to the premium beers and early access to the Taste It First selections, interactive games, and seminars. Also included is early access to the special Texas Brewery Tour Tasting and the chance to meet the Brewmasters and Owners of the participating breweries. At a beer festival like this, you must eat food! The folks that go with the VIP package will have access to complimentary food from 2pm – 5:30 pm in the VIP area, which will have its own seating area. We highly recommend the VIP tickets! VIP Beer List is coming soon!
BrewHaHa Grand Tasting (Saturday) – Access to over 400 craft beers including the Texas Brewery Tour tasting, WineEscape wine tasting, Beer University Seminar Stage, and live entertainment.
Brew-B-Que Featuring Feges BBQ (Sunday) – Great Brews, Spirits, BBQ from Pitmaster Patrick Feges, and live music! The husband and wife team behind Feges BBQ offers a new approach to barbecue by combining the traditional flavors we all know and love, while also providing a modern interpretation of classics.
As always, BrewMasters will have an education component. The seminars have not been disclosed, but they will be soon. Below is a list of the 2019 Brew University Seminar Schedule:
Beer University Stage
- 10 Years of Beer Evolution (3:15 pm) – Craft beer styles have evolved over the past 10 years Join beer gurus and hosts of What’s On Tap Radio hosts and industry veterans, James Simpson and Chad Pilbeam to learn more about how craft beer has evolved and changed. A few unusual tasting samples will be provided during the seminar. Sip & Learn.
- To Age or Not to Age (4:30 pm) – Learn more about what it takes to craft your own cellar full of cellar-worthy brews. Tiffany Richie of Brew:30 Taphouse will guide you through the do’s and don’ts of how to create the ideal cellaring environment. You’ll find things you didn’t know and impress your fellow beer lovers.
- Cookies, Baby Cakes & Craft Beer – Who Knew? (5:15 pm) – Craft beer and dessert? Taste how craft beer’s complex flavor profiles make the perfect accompaniment to your afternoon cookie break. B-52’s Brewmasters Justin Slanina and Marin Slanina, General Manager, will show you how it works. Dare to dunk.
Drink of Ages Brewer’s Corner
- Join Jon Denman, host of Drink of Ages radio as he hosts brew brains throughout the day.
- Meet the owner and founder of Fredonia Brewing (3:45 pm)
Craft Beer Challenge Pop-up
Waiting in line was never more fun. What’s your brew IQ? Test your craft beer knowledge with this pop-up challenge hosted by the festival emcee, Chad Pilbeam, founder of Beer Logic and co-host of What’s on Tap Radio. Prizes awarded. The pop-up challenge will take place during general admission.
Check back soon for a list of participating breweries!!
We are looking forward to seeing you all there. We got our tickets, do you have yours? Get them now because they will sell out!
Tickets – We recommend The Weekender 2019 package if you can make it out all weekend! If not, the Big Hopper 2019 is also a great deal!